Government Residential Women’s Polytechnic College, Payyannur is one among the five government polytechnics offering the course CABM, with an intake of 52 students. The course is entitled to impart both theoretical and practical knowledge of modern business to the students. This course provides insight to theories and practices on business and inter-disciplinary areas of management and applications of computers in business. Students from the department are able to handle computerized operations of all business activities, proficient in office automation necessary for business management, dynamic enough for handling and assisting all business operations including marketing, sales & customer care and well trained to assist office administration. Candidates for admission shall be required to have passed Xth class examination (S.S.L.C.) conducted by the Board of Public Examinations, Kerala State or any other equivalent examinations already recognized by the Board of Public Examinations, of Kerala State, with the eligibility for Higher Education.
There is a full-fledged computer lab and competent faculty to assist and guide the students. After completing Polytechnic diploma in Computer Application & Business Management, a student can apply for B. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology through lateral entry scheme. Students can also apply for private sector jobs as well as government sector jobs, as:
o Office Assistant
o Project Assistant
o Office Administrator
o Admin Executive
o Admin Assistant
o Personnel Assistant and Executive Assistant
o Asst. Graphic Designer
o Data Entry Operator
Head of Department
Ms. Jyothis T. S.
|Department Location||Main Block (First Floor)|
|Head of Department||Jyothis T S|
|Address for Communication||Head of Department, Department of Computer Application & Business Management, Residential Women’s Polytechnic College, Payyanur – 670307|
|Diploma Program (Intake)||Computer Application & Business Management (52)|
To create future women entrepreneurs and technocrats for nation building.
- To empower and develop women professionals by facilitating them to acquire managerial and technical skills.
- To inculcate human values for future applications in industry and life.
- To develop young women for global careers in industry and business, and to encourage them for higher studies.
PEO: Program Educational Objectives
- To provide thorough knowledge in computer application and business management so as to adapt with ease to the changing environment.
- To foster leadership and managerial skills with best professional ethical practices and social concern.
- To possess a professional attitude as an individual or a team member with consideration for society and environment, and be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Program Objective (PO)
- Basic and discipline specific knowledge:- Apply the knowledge of basic management concepts and computing fundamentals to solve the problems in business organizations.
- Problem Analysis:- Identify and analyze generic management and technological problems using structured methods and standards.
- Design / development of solutions:- Develop alternative solutions for day to day problems of organizations and assist with design of system components or process to meet specified needs.
- Information technology (IT) tools, Experimentation and testing:- Apply Information technology tools and appropriate techniques to conduct standard test to face the challenges of day to day operations of business organizations.
- Technological and Management practices for society, sustainability and environment:- Apply appropriate management practices and technology in the context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- Project Management:- Use management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and be able to communicate effectively.
- Life-long learning:- Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technology and management.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES ( PSO’S)
- To acquire sound knowledge in the basic concepts of computer, management, business and accounting to deal with the varying complexities in the competitive era.
- To gain familiarity in the latest trends in various subjects of computer applications and develop innovative solutions.
- values, capable of accepting a vital role in various sectors of the society.
|PROGRAMME COORDINATION COMMITTEE (PCC) MEMBERS||Ms. Jyothis T S
Mr. Sumit Chandran
Mr. Ranjith M R
|INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC) MEMBERS||Ms. Jyothis T S
Mr. Sumit Chandran
|CLASS TUTORS||2019-2022 Batch – Ms. Josphine Mercy D’Costa
2020-2023 Batch – Mr. Ranjith M R
2021-2024 Batch – Mr. Sumit Chandran
|NBA COORDINATOR||Mr. Rarish P|
|CAMSA COORDINATOR||Ms. Josphine Mercy D’Costa|
Department of CABMpublishes a magazine ‘ESPIRIT’ every year which demonstrates the skills and talents of the students of the department.
- Curriculum & Syllabus
To access the Curriculum & Syllabus for Revision 15 & Revision 20, visit Academic -> Syllabus -> Diploma – Revision 2015/ Diploma- Revision 2021 in the following link:
- Question papers
Visit Academic -> Diploma Model Question Papers in the following link:
- Lab Manuals
Visit Academic -> Diploma Lab Manual in the following link:
Meet Our Team
Mr. Sumit Chandran T.
Lecturer in CABM
Mr. Ranjith M. R.
Lecturer in CABM
Mr. Rarish P
Lecturer in Commerce
Ms. Shijili P T
Guest Lecturer in Computer
Ms. Jisna P P
Ms. Fowsiyamol K.J.