Continuing Education includes a wide variety of topics or subjects which learners would undergo to develop a new skill or enhance their knowledge in a particular area. This course leads to an accredited Certificate, Diploma or Degree. The learner will obtain a Diploma from the institution stating the level of competency or skill he may have obtained by undergoing the course or a simple certificate which says that he/she has participated in the programme. The PGDCA examination is conducted by the State Board of Technical Education.
- To impart need-based training to the unemployed youth to increase their employability in key sectors of our economy.
- To offer full-time, part-time, formal and non-formal programmes to upgrade the management skills in small-scale business and industry.
- To provide special training for small business development utilizing locally available resources.
- To conduct vocational training to meet the specific needs of industry and business.
- To conduct re-training for professionals and executives in industry, business and service sector so as to enable them to cope with the fast changing technological and managerial environment.
- To conduct in-service training to workers in the industries of organized and
unorganized sectors for the enhancement of productivity and equip them to meet the challenges of changing technologies.
- To establish partnership with industries and commence for identifying human resource requirement and training needs.
- To identify the training needs of specific sectors and plan and organize suitable training programmes for them.
- To develop and publish training materials for regular and distance education programmes.
- To identify the areas in which distance education and open learning methods are appropriate, and to design and conduct such programmes.
- To identify the employment potential areas and to conduct competency based skill development programmes.
- To undertake such other activities as are required to fulfill the objectives of the Centre.